Before getting started
There are a few things you should be mindful of before contributing.
- NO LINKS. Users adding links within content for commercial purposes will have their accounts removed without warning. Consider our advertising option if you wish to promote your services or products. Internal linking between pages is acceptable.
- Always perform a search first. If the vehicle already exists in the database, update that entry, don’t submit a new one. Duplicate entries will be removed from the system.
- Have your information ready. This includes written content, specifications, photos and anything else you intend on submitting. Sessions will timeout after a period of time, and its likely you will lose everything and need to start over if you take too long – so best to be prepared before you start.
- Not all submissions and updates are accepted. Please don’t contact us asking why your update or change wasn’t accepted.
- Content published to Ranleys must be original. Simply scraping content from other websites is not allowed. We check everything before it is accepted so be aware of this. Copied content will not be accepted and your submission will be removed.
- Photos you upload to Ranleys must be your own, or you must have permission to use them. Uploading stolen imagery will result in your submission being rejected.
- Photos must depict vehicles as they were when they left the factory. Vehicles showing significant modifications such as incorrect engines, wheels or exterior may be removed or rejected completely.
- Please be patient. How long it takes for your submissions to be approved may vary. Updates are usually actioned within 24 if not immediately
- If you need assistance in any way, or have a question please get in touch.
Updating existing vehicles
In order to update existing vehicles, you’ll first need to register an account and be logged in. On each vehicle page, you’ll see a link that reads [ edit this vehicle ] . Simply click on that link to update or add new content. (see below)
Before doing so, please note –
- Your submissions are tracked. Spam, inappropriate content, or information posted with malicious intent may result in your account being suspended or permanently removed. Be sure to read over the Terms of Service before submitting any changes.
- All submissions and updates are pre-approved by either members of the admin team or assigned moderators before being published live. If we feel you’ve provided value, then your change will be accepted, otherwise it may be removed.
- Accuracy matters. We want to ensure the information presented here at Ranleys is accurate and informative.
- Be thorough. When making an update, be as thorough as possible. For eg “The 2011 E92 M3 coupe series update had numerous upgrades including EDC and traction control” not simply. “This is a cool car”. Of course if we feel the information is of value we will correct it and adjust as required before applying your change. This is to ensure overall accuracy, value and completeness of information.
- Newly added vehicles will be held as “pending review” for a short period of time until your submission is either approved or rejected. If approved, you will be listed as the author.
- Changes made to existing vehicles go live immediately. If you’ve provided value, your change will be applied, otherwise that change may be reverted. If we feel you have provided value, you will be given credit and listed as a contributor to the vehicle you updated.
- Thank you for contributing.
Adding a new vehicle
In order to add a new vehicle to the database, please click here. Before doing so, be sure to read over the following guidelines.
- Perform a search first to ensure the vehicle you want to add, isn’t already listed in the database.
- Content including photos, written words and anything else you submit must be unique, and original. Do not upload content that you do not have permission to use.
- We recommend you only submit new vehicles to the database that you are knowledgeable about. You don’t have to be an expert, but it does help if you provide useful information of value that helps others.
- It’s not essential to complete every field when submitting a new vehicle. For fields where you are unsure, leave those fields blank and other contributors will, over time, add to the listing – ensuring its completeness.
- Vehicles added to the database with little to no content, will most likely be removed.
- If you consider yourself an expert for certain makes and models, consider applying as a Moderator. For more information about becoming a Moderator, click here.
- If your submission is approved, you will be given credit and listed as the author of the vehicle you added.
- Thank you for contributing.
Reporting site matters
- Please contact us if you feel your work, including photos, content or anything else has been submitted without your consent. We take this matter very seriously and will action any report of plagiarism as quickly as possible.
- If you feel there is an area of the website that requires our attention (broken links, spam etc) please contact us and let us know.
- We welcome suggestions. If you have a suggestion as to how we can make Ranleys better, then please get in touch and let us know.